A CPA Can Show You the Way

Why hire an Accountant now? Because in a difficult economy, an accountant can help you and or your organization prosper. I offer innovative accounting, tax and technology solutions.

Friday 9 December 2011


My anti-spam policy


Most people don’t like to receive junk mail, whether by postal mail or on their computers as spam e-mail. It’s for that reason that I work so hard to ensure that this e-newsletter isn’t spam. With every issue I strive to create something that’s original, that’s filled with sage accounting, tax and technological guidance, and that’s interesting to read. I can honestly say that this newsletter is truly useful to many of those who take the time to read it, especially if they’re too busy with other matters to research those topics themselves.

Nevertheless, there will always be those who perceive the newsletter as spam and delete it. It goes with the publishing territory. You can’t please everybody. I might say to the person who receives my e-newsletter and doesn’t wish to continue receiving it, “Cheerio my good man (or woman)!”, similar to what Clarence Oddbody, ASII* (Angel 2nd class) said to the incredulous Tollhouse Keeper in the film It’s a Wonderful Life.

I know how much I don’t like to receive spam. I’ve received many e-mails every day that aren’t spam, but that I don’t want to take the time to read. Much of it is political in nature. Even though I believe in the causes promoted in these messages, I have so much else to do that I consider more productive that it becomes burdensome to read them after awhile. I can easily understand why someone else wouldn’t want to receive spam.

The idea of spam is consistent with the lack of consideration many people have for each other nowadays. Many businesses send spam or junk mail to people without asking them if they want to receive it. If the business would just send the prospect a postcard, before sending an entire catalog or graphically bloated e-mail, they’d be able to gauge the prospect’s interest before investing more time and money on soliciting the prospect.

Since I need to send unsolicited newsletters to increase circulation, I’ll at least contact the recipients first to let them know I’ll be sending them the newsletter. They’ll be given the option to unsubscribe or tell me that they’d prefer not to receive it. They’ll then be removed from my mailing list permanently.

Unlike with other e-mail newsletters I’ve received, I plan to contact every person I send this newsletter to and ask them if they want to continue receiving it, or how they like it. It’s not enough for me to give them the opportunity to simply “opt out”. Nor will I send it to someone just because I met them or spoke with them by phone. Anyone wishing to receive the newsletter has to subscribe or at least consent to receiving it.

It may take me awhile to contact everyone on my newsletter mailing list in a personal way. Nevertheless, it’s important that I do this. In a cold, impersonal world, a high regard for the needs of others and a cordial approach will do much to improve the business climate. Another of my goals is to inspire others to become more community-minded. If this newsletter accomplishes that it’ll be an even more worthwhile activity.

One final note: Anyone who engages me to provide professional services will receive even more attention from me, of the most helpful kind!


* Clarence now holds the rank of ASI (Angel 1st Class), as he was promoted upon receiving his wings at the end of It’s a Wonderful Life.

1 Comments:

Blogger cpaoutsourcing said...

The easiest way to know double entry bookkeeping would be to realize that every financial transaction includes a double effect. Usually medium and bigger companies make use of a double entry system for recording transactions. Thus, double entry accounting evolves from the truth that every transaction has double effects.
Hire a CPA Accountants

22 February 2012 at 03:00  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home